Rogers Hill provide the following Notary Public services:
EXAMPLE OF WHAT A NOTARY PUBLIC CAN DO FOR INDIVIDUALS
- Witnessing/certification of signatures to documents.
- Verification of advice and translations.
- Certifying a photograph as a true likeness.
- Swearing of Affidavits.
- Attesting of Declarations.
- Declarations as to cohabitation.
- Affidavits and Declarations as to freedom to marry.
- Affidavits and Declarations as to change of name.
- Consent for a child to travel.
- Consents for the issue of a child’s passport.
- Evidence of marriage.
- Affidavits and Declarations as to parentage.
- Foreign adoption documents.
- Affidavits and Declarations required for immigration and emigration.
- Certification of private documents.
- Certification of copies of passports.
- Certification of qualifications.
- Certification of public documents e.g. birth or marriage certificates.
- Attesting foreign Powers of Attorney.
EXAMPLES OF WHAT A NOTARY PUBLIC CAN DO FOR COMPANIES
- Certification of due execution of documents.
- Certification of execution of a document by an Attorney on behalf of the company.
- Certification of company documents.
- Certification of a company search.
- Certification and authentication of certificates/documents issued by Companies House.
- Verification of general information regarding a company.
- Powers of Attorney.
- Witnessing/certification of signature to documents.
- Swearing of Affidavits by a company director.
- Attestation of Declarations by a company director.
- Certification of copies of passports of directors or other officers.
- Documents relating to Ship Protests.
- Documents relating to Bills of Exchange.
- Authentication of agency documents, agreements and contracts.
Except in the case of complex matters we will agree with you beforehand a fixed fee, If however, at the appointment the matter proves to be more complicated or there are more documents or people involved than first indicated or *legalisation is required, we reserve the right to renegotiate the fee or agree to charge you at our hourly rate. Prior to commencement Rogers Hill must be satisfied as to your identity. We must also be satisfied as to your legal capacity, authority, understanding and your approval. We must be satisfied this is a voluntary act and that no fraud, violence or duress are involved and that at all times English or Foreign law is observed. If we are unsatisfied on any of these points we can refuse to undertake the matter.
WHAT IS LEGALISATION OR AN APOSTILLE?
Legalisation is the official authentication of the signature and seal of a Notary. It is not, however, always required. In England, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office issue a certificate that the signature and seal contained on the relevant document are those of the Notary. This certificate is known as the Apostille. Some countries require their London Embassy to add it’s own certificate (with or without an Apostille) which is then recognised and accepted in the receiving country. Most countries however have now adopted the Hague Convention of 1961 under which the Apostille issued by the relevant government body such as our Foreign & Commonwealth Office will suffice in the receiving country. However, the legalisation process and procedure can change frequently. If Foreign Embassy legalisation is required, then procedures, content and a form of required documents, fees and turn round times can vary substantially.
We will guide you through the legalisation process if required.