Northamptonshire Notary Public
When you make an appointment to see a Rogers Hill Notary Public, you must remember to bring current identification with you.
You will need to provide a current passport or photocard driving licence and one of the following:
- a recent bank or credit card statement (dated within the last 3 months)
- a recent utility bill (dated within the last 3 months)
- a recent council tax bill (dated within the current year)
- Pension book
- Council or Housing Association rent card or tenancy agreement
- National Insurance Card
- Benefit book or an original letter from Benefits agency
- Payslip or letter from HMRC or DWP
Please ensure only original documents are provided as we can not proceed without them.
SEEING A NOTARY
Obviously, each case will be different but usually the Notary will :-
- Expect you to make an appointment.
- Need you to bring good evidence of identity. Generally this will have to be a current valid passport and a recent bank or credit card statement to confirm your address – full details of accepted identification can be found above.
- Need to be satisfied that you understand any document, particularly a document which is not in English.
- Want to see any relevant papers or documents that relate to the matter.
It helps a lot if you can email a copy of your document to the Notary before your appointment.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
There are no set charges although The Notaries Society reminds its members that they should charge a proper fee which is appropriate for the level of service offered and which will enable them to meet the cost of acting properly and in accordance with the Rules made by the Faculty Office and with the demands of good professional practice. For most matters, we will be able to tell you our fee in advance. For more complex matters, we will tell you how our fee will be assessed – usually based on how long we have to work on the matter. There may be fees to pay third parties, such as the Foreign and Commonwealth Office or an Embassy.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
If the document is straightforward, already prepared and in the correct form the Notary is likely to need to see you for a minimum of 15-20 minutes and complete it in half an hour. Obviously, it takes longer if the document is not straightforward, or we have to draw up the document or make a proper copy.
Some countries want documents to be countersigned by their London Embassies (legalisation) and this can take several days. The fees and procedures for this vary widely but we will be able to give you a reasonably accurate idea of the time and cost.
We keep normal office hours. We will, however, make arrangements to see you out of hours or out of the office if it is necessary. This may cost more.
Appointments are available in our Northampton, Kettering or Corby offices to request an appointment please call Northampton 01604 258558, Corby and Kettering call 01536 276727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org